Wild Rice And Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Acorn SquashFrom Frugal_Kristen 1 year ago
- 2 fresh acorn squash, cut in half lengthwise and seeds removed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cooked wild rice shopping list
- 2 ounces of cheddar cheese crumbled shopping list
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, chopped (optional pecans) shopping list
- Optional 1/3 cup chopped pitted dates shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- 1- preheat oven to 425*F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the squash halves on the baking sheet, cut side up; brush with some melted butter. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Roast 25-30 minutes, until squash s tender. Remove from oven.
- 2- In a bowl, combine the rice, cheese almonds,dates, olive oil , 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Place some of the mixture in the center of each cooked squash half. Turn oven to broil. Return squash to oven; broil 4-5 inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted.
- makes 4 servings
The CookFrugal_Kristen Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!