Spicy Peach JamFrom jo_jo_ba 1 year ago
- 3 lbs (about 9 medium) ripe peaches, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp citric acid powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cardamom shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 2 cups "jam sugar" with added pectin (I used Redpath's QuickSet for Jam) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all the ingredients but the "jam sugar" in a heavy saucepot.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 10 minutes, stirring.
- Raise heat to a boil and add the sugar.
- Boil hard for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Ladle into jars and process 15 minutes in a waterbath.