AmoniaczkiFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- ¾ cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp non-hydrogenated shortening shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- ½ cup sour cream (I used low fat) shopping list
- ½ tsp peppermint extract shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- ¾ tsp bakers' ammonia shopping list
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- Sanding or coarse raw sugar, for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and shortening until smooth.
- Beat in the egg, sour cream, peppermint extract, vanilla and salt.
- Beat in the flour and bakers’ ammonia.
- Either drop heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets or roll out between pieces of wax paper and cut “fingers” before placing on the sheets (dough will be sticky).
- Sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and just a touch golden.
- Cool on the sheet for 30 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.