Bratäpfel ( Filled Baked Apples )From PongoUSA 12 months ago
- 6 med. apples, good for baking, like braeburn shopping list
- 100 gr. walnuts, chopped shopping list
- 60 g raisins, soaked in 3 tb rum or brandy overnight shopping list
- 150 gr. marzipan ( baking marzipan ) shopping list
- 1/2 ts cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tb butter shopping list
- 150 gr. honey shopping list
- 1/2 c white wine shopping list
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream ( optional ) shopping list
How to make it
- Wash the apples, core, but don't peel. mix raisins, marzipan cinnamon and walnuts, until you get a soft paste. You may need some extra rum or water.
- Set apples in a buttered ovenproof dish, fill with marzipan paste, top with a little butter and drizzle with honey. Seal with tin foil and bake for 30 min in a 400 F oven, removing the foil for the last 10 min. Top each apple with a teaspoon honey, pour white wine into dish and bake for 10 more minutes. Set apples on plates, pour the baking liquid into a pot and reduce by half. Coat each apples with this glaze, and serve at once. If desired, have some ice cream or whipped cream with the apples.
The CookPongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!