Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough TrufflesFrom tuilelaith 1 year ago
- FOR cookiE DOUGH: shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream shopping list
- FOR chocolate COATING: shopping list
- 8 ounces dark-chocolate candy coating shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix in milk and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and salt and mix on low speed (or by hand) until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill dough for 30 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and arrange them on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Place sheets in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate candy coating in a double boiler or microwave according to package directions, being careful not to overheat it.
- Using a fork or dipping tool, dip truffles one at a time in candy coating to cover.
- Tap fork on the edge of the bowl to shake off excess coating, and return truffles to baking sheets to set.
- If you have any leftover coating, transfer it to a piping bag or squeeze bottle fitted with a small round tip and pipe decorative lines over top of truffles-or simply drizzle coating with a fork for an abstract finish.
- Refrigerated in an airtight container, truffles will keep for up to 1 week, though I dare you to make them last that long.
- Reprinted with permission from The Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook, by Lindsay Landis, copyright (c) 2012. Published by Quirk Books.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!