Kale Market SaladFrom twohot 4 years ago
- Green garlic Dressing: shopping list
- 2 stalks green garlic (or scallions), rinsed and chopped (~1/4 cup) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, plus more to taste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup / 80 ml extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ripe avocado shopping list
- 1 teaspoon honey, or to taste shopping list
- fresh pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 bunch kale, destemmed, torn into pieces shopping list
- 1 cup / 5.5 oz cooked farro or wheat berries (semi-pearled or whole) shopping list
- 4-5 farmers' market carrots, very thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 small bulb of fennel, transparently sliced shopping list
- 1 avocado, cut into small cubes shopping list
- a big handful of almond slices, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Make the dressing by using a hand blender or food processor to puree the green garlic, salt, lemon juice, olive oil, avocado, honey, and pepper until smooth. Taste, and adjust with more salt, or honey, or lemon juice.
- Before you're ready to serve, combine the kale with about half of the dressing in a large bowl use your hands to work the dressing into the kale, softening up the kale a bit in the process. Add the farro, carrots, and fennel, more dressing, and a couple pinches of salt, and toss again. Taste, and add the last of the dressing if needed. This is a salad I like quite heavily dressed. Add the avocados and almonds and give one last gentle toss.
- Serves 2-4.
- Prep time: 10 min
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!