Orzo Super Salad RecipeFrom twohot 3 years ago
- 1 cup dried (whole wheat) orzo pasta shopping list
- 8 - 10 medium asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch segments shopping list
- 1/2 a medium head of broccoli (or broccolini), cut into small trees shopping list
- small handful of cilantro(or mint if you prefer), chopped shopping list
- 1 small clove of garlic, mashed with a big pinch of salt and chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- a small handful of sprouts shopping list
- 1/3 cup almonds, toasted shopping list
- 1/2 small cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 medium avocado, sliced into small pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt generously and boil the orzo per package instructions. Avoid over-boiling, you want your orzo to be cooked through, but maintain structure. About 30 seconds before the orzo is finished cooking stir the asparagus and broccoli into the orzo pot. Cook for the final 30 seconds, drain and run under a bit of cold water. Just long enough to stop the cooking.
- In the meantime, whisk together the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and more salt (if needed) into the dressing. Set aside.
- When you are ready to serve the salad toss the orzo, asparagus, broccoli, and cilantro with about half the dressing. Add more dressing if needed, and toss well. Now add the sprouts, almonds, cucumber, avocado, and feta. Very gently toss a couple of times to distribute those ingredients throughout the salad and serve.
- Serves 4.
- Prep time: 10 min - Cook time: 10 min
People Who Like This Dish 0
- twohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!