Jyl Benson's Stuffed Crawfish BreadFrom tigrish611 4 months ago
- 1/4 cup butter, plus more (melted) for brushing shopping list
- 2 cups onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup bell pepper, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 pound peeled Louisiana crawfish tails with fat shopping list
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce shopping list
- 1 (48-ounce) package frozen bread dough, such as Bridgeford (three loaves), defrosted shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella or monterey jack cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté 5 to 10 minutes or until translucent. Reduce heat to medium. Add bell pepper and garlic; sauté´ 5 to 8 minutes. Add crawfish, green onion, hot sauce, and salt and pepper; sauté 5 minutes to marry flavors. Cover and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Roll each defrosted loaf of bread dough out on a lightly floured surface to a 20x5-inch rectangle. Cut each rectangle in half width-wise. Spoon about 1/2 cup of crawfish mixture into center of each piece; top with 1/4 cup of each type of cheese. Fold dough over and pinch edges to seal, fully enc losing filling. Cut 2-inch slits on top of filled dough for venting. Repeat with remaining dough and crawfish mixture. Place loaves on a greased baking sheet and brush tops with melted butter. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden.
- Cool 10 minutes. Slice and serve warm.
The Cooktigrish611 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!