Pork Stew With Beer And TomatillosFrom PongoUSA 2 years ago
- 2 large dried chipotle chiles shopping list
- 2 large dried ancho chiles shopping list
- 360 grams Mexican lager such as Tecate shopping list
- 1/4 cup White (silver) tequila shopping list
- 1.575 kg pork shoulder, cut into 2-in. cubes shopping list
- 2 teasp. kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tablesp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 500grams tomatillos, chopped shopping list
- 2 teasp. dried Mexican oregano shopping list
- 2 teasp. ground cumin shopping list
- cabbage and cilantro slaw with lime vinaigrette, lime wedges, crumbled Cotija cheese, and tortilla chips shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Wipe chiles clean with a damp cloth. In a dry, heavy saucepan over medium heat, toast chiles until fragrant and puffy, turning occasionally to keep them from burning, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool slightly, then remove stems, seeds, and membranes. Pour beer and tequila over chiles to soften.
- 2. Meanwhile, season pork with salt. Heat oil in a heavy, large ovenproof pot such as a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Brown half the pork at a time, turning as needed, 8 to 10 minutes per batch. Transfer browned pork to a bowl.
- 3. Add onion and garlic to pot; cook until soft, stirring often, 5 minutes. Stir in beer mixture,tomatillos, oregano, cumin, and pork. Add water if needed to barely cover pork. Bring to a boil over high heat; cover.
- 4. Bake stew until pork is falling-apart tender, 3 hours. Skim fat. Ladle stew into bowls and serve with accompaniments.
- Make ahead: Chill, covered, up to 2 days.
People Who Like This Dish 2
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- PongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔