Sweet Heat Fusion Chili From United WayFrom jena 1 year ago
- Base chili : shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tbs McCormick Perfect Pinch Sweet and Smokey seasoning (divided in 2 parts) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon to 1 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (divided in 2 parts) shopping list
- About 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 can diced chili tomatoes shopping list
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) black beans shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 tbs brown sugar shopping list
- Bacon: shopping list
- · 1 lbs think cut bacon shopping list
- · 3 tbs McCormick Sweet and Smokey seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- Base Chili Preparation:
- In a large pot cook onions in butter over med/high until they start to become translucent.
- Add garlic, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef, cook until beef becomes browned, stirring frequently. Add cumin, garlic salt, 1/2 the amount of cayenne you want to use, 1/2 the McCormick seasoning.
- Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, stir 1 minute then add the other 1/2 cheyenne, 1/2 McCormick, brown sugar, choc chips, salt and drained black beans.
- Cook at least 15 minutes on low, 20-30 preferred.
- Check seasonings and adjust to taste if desired.
- Add candied bacon (see below) 15-30 minutes before serving while on low heat.
- Good served right away, better the next day (though if not serving the next day, save adding the bacon to 15-30 minutes before you serve)
- · Bacon Prep:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut bacon in half.
- Season bacon and place on cookie sheet (foil would help with the messiness of the step after cooking).
- Make sure the bacon doesn't touch each other, but it can be close.
- Cook in oven for 17-20 minutes, rotating after 10 minutes.
- Quickly remove bacon from bacon and set aside, drain on rack instead of paper towel to prevent sticking.
- After a few minutes the bacon will cool and get crisp.
- Eat at least 1 piece and make the excuse that you are taste testing. When bacon is cool, crumble.
- And then its ready to throw in the chili pot, but make sure to hold off until 15-30 minutes before serving so the bacon retains its flavor.
The Cookjena MN
- Not added to any groups yet!