Hot Beef, Bacon And Bean BurritosFrom mrizun 1 year ago
- 2 small onions Diced shopping list
- 2 jalapenos, finely diced (remove seeds for less heat) shopping list
- 1 Can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 can black beans (drained and washed) shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 6 strips of bacon cut into lardons (1 cm cuts) shopping list
- 1 Pack hot & spicy taco seasoning shopping list
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large pot to medium-high heat, add bacon.
- Once bacon is cooked and resembles bacon bits, add the ground beef, using a large wooden spoon to break up the beef.
- Once the ground beef has browned, pour it into a bowl, cover and set aside. See Photo
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onions, jalapenos, vegetable oil and 2 pinches of salt to the pot, stirring well to cover the onions and jalapenos in oil.
- Stir constantly until the onions are transparent. Add a splash of beef stock to the pot to deglaze the the bottom and sides.
- Mix in the meat, beans, taco seasoning, and tomatoes, stir well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 1-2 hours stirring occasionally. See Photo
The Cookmrizun Toronto, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!