100% Whole Wheat Bread 56calsFrom twohot 2 years ago
How to make it
- I check my yeast by adding it to 1/4 cup warm water. Stir and add 1 tsp sugar to activate. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes. Yeast is active if it foams and raises about double original amount.
- I place all the ingredients into my bread machine to knead. The ingredients are put in this order, as per my machines instructions:
- whole wheat flour,
- create a small well and carefully pour liquid yeast in, making sure not to let it touch the other liquids under the flour.
- I let the machine knead it approximately 10-12 minutes. Check dough for consistency, add 1 tsp warm water if too dry or 1 tsp flour if too moist. Only add 1 tsp at a time. When it's been kneaded thoroughly, remove the dough from the machine and place it in a large lightly greased bowl (light spray of Pam). Cover and let rise approx 1 hour.
- After it's risen, place the dough back in the machine for another knead, this time maybe only 5 minutes. Remove dough from machine and place it into your lightly greased bread pan - I use 9 inch pan. Cover loosely with greased plastic wrap and place aside to rise for about 30-40 minutes. It's ready when the dough springs back slowly to he touch.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. After the first 20 minutes, loosely tent the top of the bread pan with foil. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. I can cut the loaf easily into 20 slices but if you can slice thinner, that lessens the calories per slice.
- 20 slices
- Number of Servings: 20
- Nutritional Info
- Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 56.1
- Total Fat: 0.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 87.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 1.9 g
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!