Roux For GumboFrom SouthernMANonthebeachinLA 3 years ago
How to make it
- * Turn Heat on Electric Stove to medium or Gas med low
- * In Black Iron Skillet (I recommend LODGE) Pour Oil or Melt Butter
- * Slowly Add a little flour at a time constantly stirring until all is in the skillet
- DO NOT WALK AWAY - if you burn it then it has to be thrown out and started all over again
- Continue to Stir until it gets about the color of a Chocolate Bar or a little lighter. If it starts smoking then cut the heat down a bit
- When the Roux is a Dark Chocolate Brown then it's done.
- Now let it cool and take it and store it in a container for later.
The CookSouthernMANonthebeachinLA Southern, Louisiana
- Not added to any groups yet!