Not Your Ordinary Chicken Fried RiceFrom sheracj 1 year ago
- - chicken (college style use 1 - 12.5 oz can or glam (fresh chicken 2 breasts) shopping list
- 1 - small bush of broccoli shopping list
- 1 - handful of grape tomatoes shopping list
- 1 - handfull of bella mushrooms shopping list
- 1 - quarter of onion, chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- Dash of parsley shopping list
- 1 - piece of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 - packet of rice sides (chicken flavor would be best) shopping list
- white wine shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice as directed on packaging and set aside.
- In non-stick pan, place a tiny amount of oil (no bigger than a dime) in pan
- Put garlic, S&P, parsley and two splashes of white wine in pan. Turn heat on to medium high.
- While completing next steps, stir constantly to avoid veggies burning or sticking to pan. You will also have to add wine to pan a few times so veggies don't dry out.
- Put onions in pan once wine starts to simmer.
- Place broccoli in pan when onions start to turn opaque.
- Add drained chicken and mash chicken pieces so they become shredded in pan. (if you glam it up, cook tiny chunks of chicken in seasoning mixture first. Then do a new batch of seasoning for veggies.)
- Add a splash of wine and more of the season (no extra garlic).
- Let mixture cook, stirring often, until chicken is browned.
- Add mushtrooms and tomatoes to mixture.
- Stir until both are softened.
- Add wine if you see that veggies are drying.
- Finally add cooked rice and add a little more wine while stirring. Mixture should start to stick to itself.
- Now you have a "healthier" version of Chicken Fried Rice. Hope you like it as much as my tummy did!
The Cooksheracj South, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!