Sweet Nathan's Carrot & Potato SoupFrom theh2obaby 3 years ago
- 1 large chopped onion shopping list
- 7 medium chopped carrots shopping list
- 2 chopped sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1 litre of stock (vegetable or chicken) shopping list
- cumin (ground) shopping list
- salt, to taste and depends on stock shopping list
- pepper, freshly ground shopping list
- 1 cup of milk shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté onion with butter until golden and soft then add cumin to toast lightly.
- Add stock, carrots, sweet potato, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for approx. a half hour (vegetables should be very tender).
- Cool slightly and purée.
- (This freezes very well before the addition of the milk.)
- Reheat and gradually add milk.
- To serve garnish with sunflower or pumpkin seeds.