Black Rice Mushroom RisottoFrom improvisingfood 9 months ago
- 1-¼ cups of black rice shopping list
- 2 tbsp of olive oil shopping list
- 2 shallots, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped shopping list
- 8 oz. of different kinds of mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 4 cups of chicken/vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 cup of white wine shopping list
- ½ tbsp. of fresh chopped thyme shopping list
- ½ tbsp. of salt shopping list
- ¼ tbsp. of black pepper shopping list
- ¼ tbsp. of nutmeg shopping list
- ½ cup of graded parmesan cheese shopping list
- [Improvising options: Black rice--> white/brown rice, just be familiare with he cooking time | shallots - any onion | you can skip the garlic | any kind of mushroom will work | Mozzarella can substitute the parmesan, you might want to add mor salt though] shopping list
How to make it
- First, in a small pan on medium heat, boil the chicken broth.
- Heat olive oil in a large and heavy pan on medium heat. Add the chopped shallots, garlic and thyme. Sauté for 1-2 minute until onion is soft.
- Add the mushrooms and salt them (it will help them get softer), stir for another 4-5 minutes See Photo. I used Beech and Portobello mushrooms. See Photo
- Add the black rice and stir for 2 minutes. Increase the heat, add the wine and stir until most of the wine has evaporated. Reduce the heat back to medium and start adding the pre-heated broth, 1 cup at a time until the liquid absorbs, keep stirring every couple of seconds and repeat the process of adding the broth. Depends on the cooking instruction and the rice type, it can take somewhere between 30 to 45 minutes. The rice needs to be with some firmness as you bite it and there shouldn’t be too much liquid – there needs to be enough to cover the rice and “wrap” it.
- Turn the heat off, add the Parmesan and mix it into the rice until it melts. See Photo
- This beautiful risotto is ready. A slice of Parmesan will be a good contribution to your plate. Have a glass of the white wine you used to cook, and enjoy a beautiful and delicious dish. Enjoy. See Photo
The Cookimprovisingfood Bay Area, California
- Not added to any groups yet!