Irish Potato - Oat BreadFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 17 oz peeled and boiled potatoes, warm (or reheated if leftover) shopping list
- 1 cup rolled oats shopping list
- 2 tbsp melted salted butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp malted barley syrup or honey shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 ½ cups whole wheat bread flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp vital wheat gluten shopping list
- ½ tbsp instant yeast shopping list
- ½ cup warm potato-cooking water (or warm milk if using leftover potatoes) shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl mash the potatoes with the oats, butter, barley syrup and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, gluten and yeast.
- Add the mashed potatoes and water or milk.
- With the dough hook or a sturdy spoon, start mixing slowly to form a dough.
- Knead for 15 minutes by mixer or by hand.
- Cover and let rest for 40 minutes.
- Deflate the dough, shape it into a ball and place it on parchment paper. Sprinkle with oats. Cover and let rest 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Slash the top of the loaf and bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool completely before slicing.