Chicken And Cornmeal DumplingsFrom reddiva256 8 months ago
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels shopping list
- 1/2 of a medium onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 chicken thighs, skinned shopping list
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 recipe cornmeal Dumplings (see recipe below) shopping list
- Coarsely ground black pepper (optional) shopping list
- cornmeal Dumplings shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- Dash salt shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a 1 1/2- or 2-quart slow cooker, combine carrots, celery, corn, onion, garlic, rosemary, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Top with chicken. Pour broth over mixture in cooker.
- 2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. If no heat setting is available, cook for 5 to 5 1/2 hours.
- 3. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting (or if no heat setting is available, continue cooking). Transfer chicken to a cutting board; cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, cut chicken off bones; discard bones. Chop chicken; return to mixture in cooker. In a small bowl, combine milk and flour until smooth. Stir into mixture in cooker.
- 4. Using two spoons, drop Cornmeal Dumplings dough into four mounds on top of hot chicken mixture. Cover and cook for 20 to 25 minutes more or until a toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean. (Do not lift cover during cooking.) If desired, sprinkle each serving with coarse pepper.
- Cornmeal Dumplings
- 1. In a medium bowl stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl combine egg white, milk, and oil. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
The Cookreddiva256 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!