Homemade Krispy Kremes (they say these are the Real Krispy Kremes)From twill10 8 months ago
- .Donuts: shopping list
- ... 2 T. Yeast shopping list
- 1/4 c. warm water shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. lukewarm milk shopping list
- 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/3 c. shortening shopping list
- 5 c. flour shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 2/3 c. butter shopping list
- 4 c. powdered sugar shopping list
- 4 t. vanilla shopping list
- 8 T hot water shopping list
How to make it
- Pour yeast into warm water and let stand for 5 minutes or until bubbly. In a large bowl mix together yeast mixture, milk, sugar, salt, eggs , shortening and 2 cups of the flour. Mix for 2 minutes on low speed or with a wooden spoon. Beat in remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time until dough is no longer sticky. Knead for 5 minutes or so until dough is smooth. Put dough into a greased bowl and cover. Let rise until double. Turn dough onto a floured surface and roll out into about 1/2" thickness. Cut out with a donut cutter or a large glass and small round cookie cutter for the center. Cover donuts lightly with a thin towel and let rise again until double.
- 2/3 c. butter
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 4 t. vanilla
- 8 T hot water
- In the mean time melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Remove from heat and stir water in a little bit at a time until icing has thinned out some. Set aside.
- Heat oil to 350*. Slide donuts into the hot oil using tongs. Turn donuts over as they brown. Cook on each side until golden brown. Remove to wire rack or paper towels to drain. While still hot, dip donuts into glaze and set onto wire racks to drain. (I put the wire racks onto a cookie sheet so that I can reuse the glaze that drips off.
- Melt some chocolate chips into the glaze for chocolate glazed donuts.
- By:Alicia Arnold
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!