Wild Rice SaladFrom mandymoore 2 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 1 cup wild rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted unsalted cashews shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion shopping list
- Dressing shopping list
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar or red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine 4 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the rice. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until the rice is tender, about 45 minutes. Drain well and cool.
- *Wild rice takes longer to cook then ‘normal’ rice which is why ‘wild rice blends’ aren’t very good. Each type of rice has a different cooking time, so to combine them all means they won’t all turn out as well as they should.
- Drain the rice (if there is water left in the pot) and transfer the rice to a large bowl. While the rice is cooling, mix in the dried cranberries, pecans, cashews, green onion, celery and red onion.
- Mix the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, mustard and sugar in a blender. While the blender is running, gradually pour in the olive oil. Pour the dressing over the rice mixture and toss.
The Cookmandymoore Wiggins, Ms
- Not added to any groups yet!