Fillets Of Sole Bonne FemmeFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 2 tbsp salted butter shopping list
- 1/2 lb cremini mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1/4 lb oyster mushrooms, roughly torn shopping list
- 1 leek, white and light green parts, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 2 1/2 lbs sole fillets shopping list
- 3/4 cup cold fish stock (or 1/2 cup water + 1/4 cup clam juice) shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 2 1/2 tbsp flour shopping list
- 3 tbsp salted butter shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- salt and white pepper to taste shopping list
- lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely grated Gruyère cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large, enameled cast iron Duch oven, melt the butter and cook the mushrooms and leek for two minutes (don't let them brown). Pour into a bowl and season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Season the filets lightly and arrange them in one (somewhat overlapping) layer in the Dutch oven.
- Spread the mushroom mixture overtop.
- Pour in the cold fish stock, wine and enough water so fish is barely covered.
- Place over low heat and bring almost to a simmer.
- Lay a piece of wax paper over the fish and place the Dutch oven in bottom third of the oven. Cook for 8 to 12 minutes, until a fork pierces the flesh easily. (Do not overcook the fish should not be dry and super-flaky).
- Place a cover over the dish and drain out all the cooking liquid into a saucepan.
- Place over high heat and boil until the liquid has reduced to 1 cup.
- Off the heat, beat the flour with the butter to form a paste.
- Beat this paste into the hot liquid off the heat, then whisk in 2/3 cup of the cream.
- Bring to a boil.
- Slowly add remaining cream, whisking, and cook just until it coats the spoon.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and drops of lemon juice.
- Spoon the sauce over the fish in the Dutch oven and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place dish under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes to reheat fish and brown top of sauce lightly. Serve as soon as possible with slices of lemon.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!