Herbed Zucchini SoupFrom otterpond 2 years ago
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, (about 3 medium), cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, or dill or 1 teaspoon dried shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, (3 ounces) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Place broth, zucchini and tarragon (or dill) in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until the zucchini is tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Puree in a blender (see Tip), in batches if necessary, until smooth. Return the soup to the pan and heat over medium-high, slowly stirring in cheese until it is incorporated. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot or chilled.
- TIPS & NOTES
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Serve chilled or reheat.
- Hot liquids can splatter out of a blender when it's turned on. To avoid this, remove the center piece of the lid. Loosely cover the hole with a folded kitchen towel and turn the blender on. Better airflow will keep the contents from spewing all over the kitchen.
- Per serving: 115 calories; 5 g fat ( 3 g sat , 0 g mono ); 19 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 10 g protein; 2 g fiber; 448 mg sodium; 452 mg potassium.
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat
The Cookotterpond Orlando, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!