Chilli FishFrom CookingMania 2 years ago
- 4-5 tilapia fillets cut into 1 inch cubes shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 + ½ tsp black pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp of corn starch shopping list
- ½ a tsp chilli or hot sauce (optional) shopping list
- 2 tbsp oil shopping list
- 2-3 medium sized onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 2 green chillies, chopped shopping list
- ½ tsp cumin seeds shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced shopping list
- 1 ½ tbsp chilli powder (adjust to your spice level) shopping list
- 1 tbsp coriander powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp oil + some for pan frying shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Marinate the diced tilapia fillets with soy sauce, black pepper, and corn starch & chilli sauce; keep it aside for at least 30 mins.
- 2. Take a flat bottomed pan and drizzle some oil, let it warm up a little bit, and add the marinated fish pieces into it. Make sure it’s browning evenly.
- 3. Transfer them to a plate covered with a paper towel, so that it can absorb any unwanted oil from the fish.
- 4. Take a wok, heat some oil in med-hi and add the cumin seeds. Allow it to splutter, add the chopped green chillies and the sliced onions. Fry them until they turn golden brown.
- 5. Add the tomatoes, black pepper, chilli & coriander powder and sauté them for few more minutes until the mixture appears to be in a thick consistency.
- 6. Now add the fried fillets into this and mix them well in such a way that every piece is coated with the gravy.
- 7. Sprinkle some chopped cilantro and give it a rough stir.
- 8. This can be served with Chapathi, Roti or Naan (Indian Bread)
- 1. I used tilapia here; you can get creative with salmon, cod or any other fish of your choice.
- 2. If you don’t happened to brown the fish pieces by pan frying, you can also deep fry it.
- 3. I sometimes measure the ingredients at my eye level.
- 4. You can adjust the green chillies, chilli powder and black pepper according to your spice level.
The CookCookingMania Farmington Hills, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!