Stale Marshmallow FondantFrom jo_jo_ba 10 months ago
- 8 oz stale mini marshmallows (if using fresh, see below) shopping list
- 5 tbsp water (if using fresh marshmallows, drop this to 3 tbsp) shopping list
- 1 tbsp white corn syrup shopping list
- 1 tsp English Toffee flavouring (optional, I used LorAnn oils) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups icing sugar (you may need more depending on your marshmallows) shopping list
- shortening to grease shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the marshmallows, water and corn syrup in a large bowl.
- Microwave on HI for 1 minute, then stir and continue microwaving in 30 second bursts until the mixture is more or less melted (mine didn't melt all the way but it works itself out).
- Beat in the flavouring (if using) and salt, then add 1 cup of icing sugar to the bowl and beat in.
- Grease a smooth countertop (and your hands!) well and scrape the marshmallow mixture onto it.
- Top with 1/4 cup more icing sugar and begin to knead it in, adding more icing sugar as needed until the mixture resembles a smooth, supple bread dough.
- Wrap well in plastic wrap and store in the fridge up to 3 months, or keep in the freezer up to 1 year.
- Defrost completely in the plastic wrap before using.