Chicken LahoriFrom robyoung 1 year ago
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 black cardamom pods shopping list
- 4 green cardamom pods shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 3 onions, chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic (finely chopped) shopping list
- Thumb size of ginger (finely chopped) shopping list
- 3 tomatoes, chopped into quarters shopping list
- 2 teaspoons red chilli powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric shopping list
- 4 green chillies, finely chopped shopping list
- 800g chicken thighs, skinless and boneless cut into small pieces shopping list
- 2 tablespoons plain yoghurt shopping list
- 400ml chicken stock or water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garam masala shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a wok and sauté the black and green cardamom pods with the bay leaves and cumin seeds until they crackle.
- Add the onions and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add the ginger and garlic and sauté for a minute, stirring well
- Add the ground spices (except the garam masala) and the green chillies and tomatoes.
- Cook for 5–8 minutes or until the tomatoes soften.
- Add the chicken pieces with the yogurt, stock and salt to taste, and mix in well.
- Simmer gently for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- If the sauce is too thick, add more stock.
- Stir in the chopped coriander leaves and garam masala, then serve.
The Cookrobyoung Southampton, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!