Grandma's Potato SoupFrom Schatz87 1 year ago
- 2 med potatoes shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 cup diced onion shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons flour shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup instant potatoes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon basil shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 1 cup half and half shopping list
How to make it
- *DO AHEAD* Bake potatoes 1hr at 400 degrees, can also be microwaved.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan, saute onion until light brown then add flour
- Add stock, water, cornstarch, instant potatoes, and spices to pot, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes
- Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch chunks
- Add potatoes and half and half, bring back to boil, reduce and simmer 15 minutes until thick
- I like my soup with a little more of a kick so I add more basil and thyme to taste. You can serve with bacon bits, shredded cheese, or bread sticks!
- Half and half can be substituted with milk, it will be slightly less creamy, but still super yummy!
The CookSchatz87 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!