Pressure-cooked Chicken HoisinFrom ttaaccoo 1 year ago
- 1 chicken breast, skinned and boned, and cut into bite-sized pieces shopping list
- 2 " thighs, " " " " " " " shopping list
- 2 T. olive oil shopping list
- 4 T. hoisin sauce shopping list
- 3 T. soy sauce shopping list
- 3 T. brown sugar shopping list
- 1 T. garlic/ginger paste shopping list
- 1/2 c. pomegranate juice shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 3 carrots, chopped coarsely shopping list
- 1 -2 pkgs. cellophane noodles (made from mung beans) shopping list
- 3 scallions, sliced shopping list
- baby bok choy coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the hoisin and soy sauces, brown sugar, paste, and pomegranate juice together as a sauce. Add the water , stir together and set aside.
- Saute the chicken pieces in the pressure-cooker pot on med-high heat. browning on all sides. Add the carrots and the sauce, adding more water, broth, to meet the liquid needs of your pressure cooker.
- Cover the cooker and after the pressure has been reached, Time it for 8 or 9 minutes. Take off the heat; Let it cool down at its own accord.
- Place the cellophane noodles in a bowl and add very hot water to cover noodles. After 10 minutes, drain the water , and set the noodles aside.
- When the pressurecooker is ready to be opened, remove the contents -the chicken and carrots, --keep warm. Reduce the liquid to half its volume ; while that is happening get ready to combine the noodles, chix, carrots, fresh scallions, fresh bok choi. Pour the sauce over the chicken, scatter the chopped bok choi around the top and "squiggle" the noodles around artistically, and top with the green onions. Enjoy!
The Cookttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!