Beef Or Pork Green Chile StewFrom twill10 2 years ago
- beef or pork Green Chile Stew shopping list
- Options: you can add more veggies, sometimes I use carrots, some cilantro or more green chilies.Sometimes chicken stock too! Make it yours!!!!!!!! shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 lbs lean beef or pork (I always use pork) shopping list
- ... 2 T. olive oil shopping list
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1/2 onion, diced shopping list
- 2 (or 3) garlic cloves, minced (use fresh) shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 6 – 8 green chilies, chopped (or 1/2 cup) shopping list
How to make it
- Place oil in large saucepan and saute onion and garlic over medium heat for 2 – 3 minutes; Cube meat, sprinkle with salt and add to onion and garlic to brown. Add potatoes and chile and cover with water. Cook over medium heat until potatoes are soft enough to eat and continue to add water if necessary.
- Garnish with cilantro if you life (which I do).
- Let me tell you a little secret which will make this easy for any level of cook. In the mexican food section of your food store the have a product called Las Palmas Green Chili Enchilada Sauce 28 oz. can. I just buy a can of this and brown my meat as per usual and add the sauce and it is done, you can add more chopped green chilies if you like and season to your taste! TW
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!