Wholemeal Rye BreadFrom Yinhomemade 1 year ago
- bread dough : shopping list
- A: shopping list
- 200 g bread/high protein flour shopping list
- 75 g wholemeal flour shopping list
- 75 g rye flour shopping list
- 5 g instant yeast shopping list
- 55 g castor sugar shopping list
- 5 g salt shopping list
- B: shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 125 g milk shopping list
- 120 g of the Tangzhong shopping list
- TANGZHONG (WATER ROUX STARTER) MAKING METHOD shopping list
- (Please refer to website and click link for detail step.) shopping list
- 30 g high protein flour shopping list
- 150 g water shopping list
- C: shopping list
- 30 g very soft butter shopping list
How to make it
- Pour flour into mixing bowl; add in the rest of ingredients A. However, avoid having the salt come in direct contact with the yeast which might dehydrate and kill the yeast. Add in ingredients B and use your hand or stand mixer equipped with a dough hook to mix all the ingredients, knead in the mixer for 15 – 20 minutes into soft dough then add in the butter (ingredient C) and continue to knead until smooth and elastic dough is formed.
- Test by pulling the dough. Dough with whole meal flour will be harder to reach the stage of a thin sheet. As long as the dough is stretchable and does not easily break off, the dough is ready for its first rise.
- Cover the bowl and leave it to double in size.
- Once the dough doubles in size (Finger test – Poke finger into center of the dough and depression does not rise up, dough is fully proven ) punch it a few times to deflate it (using hand knuckles)
- Divide dough into 3 equal portions and shape them into balls. Cover and leave them to rest 15 minutes.
- Shape each into an oval shape. Place them into a greased loaf pan, covered with greased plastic wrap and leave dough to proof for 2nd time.
- Preheat oven 180°C and bake for 30 minutes. Instead of using egg wash, I spray the bread dough with water before I place the loaf pan into the center of the oven.
- To avoid over burnt crust, after 15-20 minutes of baking, I use foil to lightly cover the bread and continue to bake until the required time.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- Yinhomemade North Shore City, New Zealand
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookYinhomemade North Shore City, New Zealand
- Not added to any groups yet!