Butterscotch Banana Birdseed CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 3/4 cup vanilla sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 3 large bananas, diced shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp salted butter shopping list
- 1 tbsp scotch whiskey shopping list
- 1 large, overripe banana shopping list
- 8 (1g) packets stevia shopping list
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain Greek style yogurt shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 tbsp full-fat ricotta shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp whole egg powder (or one egg + 2 tbsp flour) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat (or spelt) flour shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup mixed seeds (I used millet, amaranth, and poppy) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix vanilla sugar and water in a saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Without stirring, bring to a boil then cook until the sugar turns to a dark brown-red colour.
- Add the diced banana, butter and Scotch, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9" square pan with greased parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana with the stevia and sugar.
- Beat in the yoghurt, vanilla, ricotta, oil and applesauce (and whole egg, if using).
- Stir in the egg powder, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt, then fold in the butterscotch bananas and seeds.
- Bake for 50 minutes, until tests done. Cool completely in the pan.