Chicken Kwai In Coconut CreamFrom pluto 3 years ago
- 1. 2 tablespoons peanut or olive oil shopping list
- 2. 2 tablespoons garlic, minced shopping list
- 3. 3/4 cup white onions, diced shopping list
- 4. 8 chicken breasts, boned, skinned, pounded to 1/2" thickness shopping list
- 5. 3/4 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 6. 2 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 7. 1 chicken bouillon cube shopping list
- 8. 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 9. 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 10. 1/4 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 11. 1 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 12. 1 teaspoon ground bay leaf shopping list
- 13. 1/2 cup soy sauce (low sodium) shopping list
- 14. 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 15. 1/2 cup canned coconut milk shopping list
- 16. 1 teaspoon chopped lemon grass shopping list
- 17. 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 18. ¼ cup cilantro leaves, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a heavy bottomed skillet, sauté onions and then at the end add the garlic.
- 2. Add chicken breasts and brown lightly.
- 3. Do not allow garlic to brown (you might want to add it towards the end of the sauté).
- 4. In a blender, combine all sauce ingredients (from 5 to 16 except coconut cream), mix and chop. Add to skillet. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is tender.
- 5. Pour coconut over chicken and allow simmering an additional 20 minutes.
- 6. Place on serving dish and ladle over with sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley and cilantro
The Cookpluto Markham, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!