Thai Chicken Chow MeinFrom jaw 3 years ago
- 150grams Fine noodles shopping list
- 90grams sliced cooked chicken shopping list
- 80grams bean sprout shopping list
- 35grams Sliced red onions shopping list
- 20grams spring onion cut to 5cm length shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oil for stir frying shopping list
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon msg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon red Thai curry paste shopping list
- 1 Thai chilli diced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice shopping list
- 4 oz of hot water shopping list
- Dash of toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the noodles by soaking it in boiling water for 5 minutes and then rinsing in cold water until cool, and drain completely.
- Cook the chicken if not cooked in boiling water for for 3 minutes and drain off the liquid.
- Heat the wok to high and add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Add onion in middle of the wok, Thai chillies, followed by bean sprouts and Thai red curry paste, stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the noodles and chicken ( put them in layers so that one is on top of the other)
- Add the light soy sauce and dark soy sauce and a pinch of MSG.
- ( These must be added in the center of the noodles, do not sprinkle them about )
- Now add 4 oz of hot water ( again in the center). You should now see some steam coming from bottom of the wok. ( do not stir yet)
- Wait about 2 minutes when most of the water has evaporate then stir well and try to toss if you can to mix it thoroughly.
- Now add the lime juice and white pepper give a quick toss, and add a dash of sesame oil tossing once more.
- **When it has dried out and has began to stick to the wok, then it's ready. Also look for the evenness of the color. It should have a darkish color all the way through.**
The Cookjaw Liverpool, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!