Better Than A-1 Steak MarinadeFrom Cubangirl 2 years ago
- MARINADE: shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves (4 tsps.) shopping list
- 1 tsp. fresh chives shopping list
- 1 tsp. garlic chives shopping list
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup regular soy sauce (can use Sweet soy sauce) shopping list
- 2 TBS. dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tsps. Grains of Paradise or freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- SAUCE: shopping list
- 2 tsps. balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- TO MARINADE:
- Peel, degerm if necessary, and crush garlic with press. Hold chives together and slice very thin, then do a quick chop to mash and avoid large bits.
- Whisk together all ingredients except vinegar in medium bowl. Reserve ¼ cup of marinade and place the rest of the marinade and steak in gallon-sized zipper-lock bag; press out as much air as possible and seal bag. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, and up to 90 minutes, flipping bag halfway through to ensure that steaks marinate evenly.
- TO COOK:
- Remove steaks from marinade, letting any excess marinade drip back into bag. Discard bag and marinade. Grill steaks as desired.
- Transfer steaks to shallow pan and pour reserved marinade over top. Tent loosely with foil and let rest 10 minutes, turning meat halfway through. Slice steak or serve whole, passing reserved marinade if desired.