Banana Berry BreadFrom midgelet 4 months ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- dash salt shopping list
- 1 stick butter or quality margarine melted shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond or lemon or orange flavoring as desired shopping list
- 3 ripe bananas finely fork mashed shopping list
- 1 cup berries: shopping list
- cranberries chopped, or whole blueberries, or raspberries etc. etc. shopping list
How to make it
- Sift flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and baking soda into a large bowl.
- Combine and beat the eggs,melted margarine and flavoring
- Mash the bananas and stir in the berries of choice
- Beat the liquids into the dry ingredients until well mixed at slow speed with a mixer.
- Stir in the bananas and berries
- Place mixture into a greased and floured 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350F oven until tested done in center with a wooden toothpick, about 45-60 minutes
- Place pan on rack to cool
- When cool, carefully loosen and remove loaf from pan.
- Wrap in foil and let mellow overnight before serving
- Freezes well