Greek(ish) Stuffed PeppersFrom bensums 12 months ago
- olive oil (extra virgin) shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 2 Super Mario cups of brown rice shopping list
- 1 Tin of chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1 Super Mario cup of boiling water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of sugar shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- 4 bell peppers shopping list
- spinach, chopped shopping list
- feta shopping list
- 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 handful of apple mint leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Boil kettle
- Preheat oven to 180c fan.
- Gently fry onion in olive oil in saucepan until soft.
- Add rice and stir a bit. Add the chopped tomatoes, water, chopped parsley, nutmeg, sugar, and black pepper. Stir, cover and leave to cook (simmer).
- Cut tops off peppers and get rid of spiny bits inside.
- After 20 minutes or so stir in spinach and leave to cook until rice is about 3/4 done.
- While waiting, cover bottom of oven dish (i.e. thin and tall cake tin) with olive oil and place peppers inside. Then make rough 1.5cm cubes of feta with hands, juice half the lemon and chop mint. Add these to the saucepan and stir in.
- Pour mixture in and around peppers and place tops of peppers back on the top of the peppers. Add some extra boiling water if needed. Juice other half of lemon. Pour on top of the peppers and surrounding rice mixture olive oil and lemon and sprinkle with a little salt. Put in oven and cook for 15-20 minutes (until rice is cooked).
The Cookbensums Norwich, United Kingdom
- Not added to any groups yet!