Easy Beef StroganoffFrom deedeec 1 year ago
- 1 medium onion, sliced in thin strips shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of sliced of crimini mushrooms shopping list
- 2 Tbls butter, unsalted shopping list
- 1 Tbls extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 Tablespoon tomato paste shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock (I use low sodium) shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 2 Tbls flour, (I use Wondra) shopping list
- 1 lb beef, thinly sliced in 2"-3" inch strips, cooked! shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I use low fat) shopping list
- Salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Optional - a few pinches of Truffle Salt shopping list
- 1 bag, egg noodles shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, melt butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute onions until translucent.
- Add mushrooms, continue to saute until onions begin to lose their firmness.
- Add minced garlic, and continue to saute for about a minute (less if garlic is cooking to fast, aka burning)
- Add tomato paste and stir and let it "just" begin to brown.
- Add beef stock and wine. Bring to a light boil and sprinkle Wondra while stirring or whisking. Should begin to thicken quickly.
- Add sliced Beef, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Let simmer until beef is heated through. About 10-15 minutes.
- While, simmering, prepare noodles.
- Stir in sour cream when done heating thoroughly. Stir until creamy and smooth. Finish with truffle salt and fresh ground pepper. Serve immediately over cooked drained noodles.
The Cookdeedeec Seattle, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!