Red Hot Taco BitesFrom champagnetime 8 months ago
- 2 onions, minced shopping list
- juice of 2 limes shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cook beef shopping list
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce shopping list
- 1/2 minced cilantro shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- 24 4-inch corn tortillas, skillet-warmed shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, combine onions and lime juice; mix well. Cover and refrigerate to allow flavors to meld for at least 20 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, sauté beef, salt to taste, hot pepper flakes to taste and enchilada sauce until meat is warmed through; set aside and keep warm.
- To serve tacos, place meat, onions, cilantro and sour cream in separate serving bowls. Serve with warm tortillas.
- For individual servings, place meat mixture on tortilla and top with a heaping teaspoon marinated onions, a pinch of cilantro and a dab of sour cream.
- Source: 300 Best Taco Recipes, Kelley Cleary Coffeen
- Cj’s tip: (1) I made half a recipe for two of us and had leftovers (good husband breakfast).
- (2) The enchilada sauce made for a very wet meat filling; I drained it in a sieve before serving. (I added the drained off enchilada sauce to a soup the next day – very good!)
- Wine served: a friend recommended a new drink for us – Framboise Lambic Beer, which is a Belgian malt beverage with raspberries added. It’s a dry sparkling drink that matched perfectly with the tacos. Surprising, but it did!