Grilled Swordfish Or Tuna) With Strawberry Nectarine SalsaFrom twohot 1 year ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- salsa shopping list
- • 1 cup / 240 ml fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered shopping list
- • 2 nectarines, pits removed and cut into ½-inch pieces shopping list
- • 1 red chili pepper (red jalapeño), seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- • 1 Tbsp / 15 ml finely chopped red onion shopping list
- • 2 Tbsp / 30 ml fresh lime juice shopping list
- • 1 Tbsp / 15 ml chopped fresh mint shopping list
- • 1 Tbsp / 15 ml chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- • Scant pinch sea salt shopping list
- • Scant pinch black pepper shopping list
- Marlin shopping list
- • 4 x 5-oz / 140 g wild-caught Hawaiian blue marlin* steaks (can substitute swordfish or tuna) shopping list
- • 1 Tbsp / 15 ml fresh lime juice shopping list
- • Eat-Clean cooking spray shopping list
- • 1 tsp / 5 ml sea salt, divided shopping list
- • ½ tsp / 2.5 ml freshly ground black pepper, divided shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, combine salsa ingredients and place in refrigerator to allow flavors to combine while you prepare marlin.
- Place marlin steaks in a shallow dish and squeeze lime juice over top, lifting up edges of steaks to allow juice to reach underside. Let marlin marinate in lime juice for 5 minutes.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat and spray with Eat-Clean Cooking Spray. Spray top of marlin steaks and season with half of salt and half of pepper. Place on grill and cook for 2 minutes. Turn, spray with more Eat-Clean Cooking Spray and season with remaining salt and pepper. Cook until desired doneness, about 2 more minutes for medium rare. This fish is better undercooked than overcooked.
- Remove marlin steaks to a serving plate and spoon salsa over top.
- *Though imported blue marlin is overfished and therefore not a sustainable option, Hawaiian wild-caught blue marlin is a good alternative. Other sustainable options include North Atlantic swordfish and US Albacore or Yellowfin tuna.
- Nutritional Value per Serving:
- Calories: 262
- Calories from Fat: 79
- Total Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Total Carbs: 13 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 33 g
- Sodium: 328 mg
- Cholesterol: 60 mg
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!