Parchment Baked HalibutFrom twohot 3 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- • 4 sections of parchment paper cut into 12 x 16-inch pieces shopping list
- • Eat-Clean cooking spray shopping list
- • 4 x 5-oz / 140 g halibut filets shopping list
- • ¼ cup / 60 ml pesto sauce shopping list
- • 1 cup / 240 ml carrots, shredded (2 medium) shopping list
- • 1 cup / 240 ml zucchini, shredded (1 small) shopping list
- • 1 cup / 240 ml napa cabbage, shredded shopping list
- • 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- • 1 tsp / 5 ml sea salt, divided shopping list
- • 1 tsp / 5 ml freshly ground pepper, divided shopping list
- • 4 tsp / 20 ml extra virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- • 4 tsp / 20 ml low-sodium chicken stock, divided shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450°F / 232ºC.
- Fold parchment paper in half to create a crease. Unfold the paper and coat it lightly with Eat-Clean Cooking Spray, leaving a 2-inch border. Place filet on one side of the parchment so it touches the fold but not the ungreased border.
- Spread 1 Tbsp / 15 ml pesto over filet and top with ½ cup / 120 ml carrots, cabbage and zucchini.
- Spread 1 minced clove of garlic over filet and sprinkle with ¼ tsp / 1.25 ml salt and black pepper. Then drizzle with 1 tsp / 5 ml olive oil and 1 tsp / 5 ml chicken stock.
- Fold parchment paper over the fish and seal edges with narrow fold.
- Repeat with remaining parchment paper, fish and vegetables.
- Place packets on baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned.
- To serve, transfer packets to plate and open.
- Tosca's Tip
- In place of halibut, you can use other small, flat, white fish filets, such as red snapper, sea bass, pompano, striped bass, tilapia or cod.
- Nutritional Value per Parchment Package:
- Calories: 305
- Calories from Fat: 146
- Total Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Total Carbs: 7 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 32 g
- Sodium: 600 mg
- Cholesterol: 45 mg
- Sugar: 2 g
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!