Mellow Mushroom Pizza Dough - Copycat RecipeFrom karynb 2 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups hot water (optional, use spring water) shopping list
- 2 Tbs molasses shopping list
- 2 packets of active yeast shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- cornmeal shopping list
- melted butter with garlic shopping list
- parmesan cheese crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Place hot water in mixer bowl and stir in molasses. Once cooled to warm,
- sprinkle on yeast and gently stir it in. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Mix flour and salt together. Add flour mix and olive oil to yeast mixture. Using a dough hook, run mixer on low/stir for 5 minutes.
- Form dough into ball and place in a lightly greased bowl, sprinkle with flour. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and kitchen towel, let rise in fridge over several hours or on counter top for 2 hours, or until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees with pizza stone, hold temperature at least 30 minutes before baking pizza.
- Form dough into pizza crust, top as desired. Brush crust with garlic butter. Slide onto preheated pizza stone, bake 5-7 minutes or until done, using oven on bake or broil setting, as desired. Sprinkle crust with Parmesan cheese immediately after removing from oven.