Mustard-glazed Grilled Chicken Blt CupsFrom twill10 7 months ago
- mustard-Glazed Grilled chicken BLT Cups shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- For the Grilled chicken shopping list
- 3-4 boneless (2 lbs.), skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin shopping list
- 2 Tbs. Saucy Mama dill mustard (if brand is not available use equal parts Dijon mustard, mayo and 1 tsp. chopped fresh dill or to suit your taste) shopping list
- 2 Tbs. oil (I used canola) shopping list
- 1 Tbs. honey shopping list
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced finely shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- For the honey mustard dressing shopping list
- 1/4 cup Saucy Mama dill mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 3 Tbs. honey shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup oil (I used canola) shopping list
- For the lettuce Cups shopping list
- lettuce leaves (I used butter lettuce), cleaned and dried shopping list
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled shopping list
- cherry tomatoes, quartered (I used a mixture of red and yellow) shopping list
- 1 large avocado, largely diced shopping list
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- Recipe by Juanita's Cocina at http://jcocina.com shopping list
How to make it
- For the Lettuce Cups
- Lettuce leaves (I used butter lettuce), cleaned and dried
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Cherry tomatoes, quartered (I used a mixture of red and yellow)
- 1 large avocado, largely diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- For the Grilled Chicken
- In a large bowl, mix the mustard, oil, honey, lemon juice, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper, until they are well-combined. Add the chicken breasts, coating them entirely, and allow them to marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Once chicken breasts have marinated, grill (you can also use a grill pan) on both sides until chicken is cooked through.
- Allow chicken to cool for 10 minutes before chopping into 1/2-inch chunks.
- For the Honey Mustard Dressing
- While the chicken is marinating, make the dressing: mix the mustard, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor. While the mixture is blending, slowly drizzle in the oil. Blend just until everything is well-mixed. Chill dressing until ready to use.
- To Assemble the Lettuce Cups
- In one lettuce leaf, add chicken, a bit of bacon, a few cherry tomatoes, a few pieces of avocado, and a sprinkling of green onions.
- Serve lettuce cups drizzled with honey mustard dressing (or serve dressing on the side for dipping).
- Recipe by Juanita's Cocina at http://jcocina.com
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!