No Bake Chocolate Ganache CheesecakeFrom Yinhomemade 3 years ago
- Crust shopping list
- 150g crushed Oreo chocolate cookies shopping list
- 70g butter, melted shopping list
- Fillings shopping list
- 250gm cream cheese softened shopping list
- 200ml fresh cream, shopping list
- 200gm dark chocolate shopping list
- 3 tsp. gelatin powder shopping list
- 100ml hot water shopping list
- ( no sugar as chocolate is sweet) shopping list
- Ganache shopping list
- 2/3 cup fresh/heavy cream shopping list
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Put all the Oreo biscuits into a plastic food bag and crushed into fine crumbs.
- 2. Melt the butter and add to biscuits crumbs to form moist biscuits mixture.
- 3. Place a round greaseproof paper in the base of a 20cm/9in spring form cake.
- 4. Pour the crumbs mixture into the bottom of the cake tin. Using the back of a spoon, gently smooth and level to form moist biscuits base of the cheesecake.
- 5. Chill in the fridge for at least 10 minutes while making the filling.
- 1. Double boil to melt the chocolate until smooth paste and set aside to cool
- 2. Dissolved 3 tsp. gelatine powder into 100ml of hot water.
- 3. Place the cream cheese in a bowl, double boil and using an electric mixer, to beat cream cheese till it forms a smooth mixture set aside.
- 4. In separate bowl beat fresh cream till stiff peaks form.
- 5. Add in melted chocolate, gelatine and fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
- 6. Remove the biscuit base from the fridge and pour the prepared cheesecake mixture over the biscuit base.
- 7. Use a spatula to smooth out the top. Cover will a cling film or plastic wrap and place in freezer for at least 3 hours. ( I placed overnight)
- 1. Double boil the chocolate and cream and stir until smooth.
- Improve version: Extracted from Cakes and Mores
- (Double boil fresh cream. When bubbles appear along the edges, turn off heat. Add the grated chocolate and mix. Keep aside for 3 min, use a wooden spoon to stir in one direction such that the cream and chocolate blend together to form a smooth mixture and no trace of chocolate chunks are left. The chocolate should melt completely.)
- 2. Let cool at room temperature until thick cream texture.
- (Allow to cool for 15 min at room temperature).
- 3. Pouring ganache :
- Remove the frozen cheesecake, place the cake on a cooling rack with a tray underneath to catch the drip and pour the ganache. Then lift the cake carefully and place on the cake platter.
The CookYinhomemade North Shore City, New Zealand
- Not added to any groups yet!