Bacon Wrapped Cheddar Apple PuffsFrom CisF 2 years ago
- 1 granny smith apples -- cut into 16 (1/4-inch) slices (1 to 2) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Dash salt shopping list
- 1 can Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls shopping list
- 8 slices extra-sharp cheddar cheese -- (1/4 inch) cut in half (from 8-oz block) shopping list
- 16 slices packaged precooked bacon shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with nonstick foil, parchment paper or silicone baking mat. (Some cheese will melt out during baking so this will make cleanup easier.)
- 2 In medium bowl, toss apple slices with brown sugar; sprinkle with salt.
- 3 On cutting board, unroll dough; separate dough into 8 triangles. From center of longest side to opposite point, cut each triangle in half, making 16 triangles.
- 4 Place 1 cheese slice on shortest side of each dough triangle; top each with 1 apple slice. Fold sides of dough triangle up slightly; wrap dough around apple and cheese.
- 5 Wrap 1 bacon slice around outside of each dough roll-up, making sure ends of bacon are on bottom and slightly tucked in. Place on cookie sheet.
- 6 Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.