Pasta Salad With Kefir, Peas & CheeseFrom LifewayRecipes 2 years ago
- 1 lb pasta shells shopping list
- 1 ½ cup Lifeway Lowfat Plain Kefir shopping list
- 3 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 lb fresh or frozen peas (thawed) shopping list
- 6 green onions shopping list
- ½ cup mint leaves shopping list
- ½ lb white cheese (or feta) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the pasta shells in salted water until al dente. Drain and while it begins to cool, make the dressing and prep additional ingredients.
- In a blender, combine kefir, olive oil, garlic, salt, cayenne pepper and 1 cup of the peas. Blend until smooth and pale green.
- Chop the green onions into thin slices. Stack the mint leaves and slice crosswise into thin ribbons. Dice the cheese into ¼ inch cubes or crumble if using feta.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pasta, dressing, green onions, mint, cheese and remaining peas and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate a few hours or overnight before serving. If the pasta absorbs the dressing, add more kefir before serving.
The CookLifewayRecipes Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!