Starlight CakeFrom micuisine 11 months ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 shortening (I use Crisco) shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring (also called vanilla extract) shopping list
- 3 eggs (Large size works fine) shopping list
- (Sometimes I add 1 teaspoon almond extract just for a different flavor.) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix it all together. You can mix this with a spoon or if you have an electric mixer - beat on Low speed for about 30 seconds. Then turn the mixer up to a high speed for about 3 minutes.
- To make your cake not stick to the pan, you can grease the pan with oil, shortening, butter, or use the spray oil.
- Pour your cake mix into your 9 x 13 pan (For the Blueberry Cake, put your blueberries into the bottom of the pan first. Sprinkle a little sugar over them. Maybe 1 or 2 Tablespoons. Then pour the cake mixture over the blueberries.)
- For a 9 x 13 pan, cook for 40 - 45 minutes. I use the "toothpick test" to see when the cake is completely cooked. (Layers - 30 35 minutes; Cupcakes - 20 minutes.)
- When the time is up, insert a toothpick into the center of the cake, if it comes out clean (no gooey cake mix, no crumbs), then the cake is done. If the toothpick comes out wet-looking with some cake mixture on it, try another 4 - 5 minutes cooking time. If it has a couple of crumbs on it, try another 2 - 3 minutes cooking time.) Repeat the toothpick test and additional cooking time, until the toothpick comes out clean.
The Cookmicuisine Greensboro, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!