Jammin Oatmeal CookiesFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 1 ½ cups whole-berry cranberry sauce shopping list
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar shopping list
- granulated sugar to coat (if not using immediately) shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk shopping list
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 2/3 cup natural peanut butter shopping list
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted shopping list
- 1 tbsp maple syrup shopping list
- 1 cup triticale flour (or whole wheat pastry flour) shopping list
- ½ cup oat flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp maca powder (optional but tasty) shopping list
- 3 cups quick (not instant) oats shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- Jammy bits (see above) or 1 cup dried fruit shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 170F. Line a small rimmed baking sheet or square pan with parchment (I used a 6" square pan, I've also had luck with a toaster oven pan).
- In a blender, puree the cranberry sauce, applesauce and sugar. Spread evenly in the pan.
- Bake for 5-6 hours, then check to see if it is set (slightly firmer than "Gummi Bear" consistency). If not, return to the oven for another hour or two, checking every 30 minutes.
- If firm, remove from the oven and cool completely on the pan, then chill before cutting into squares.
- Use immediately or roll in granulated sugar and store in the fridge. See Photo
- Heat the oven to 350F and line baking sheets with parchment or silicone (do not grease).
- Whisk the almond milk with the lemon juice and let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat together the peanut butter, sugars, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add the almond milk, then beat in the flours, maca, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in the jammy bits or dried fruit.
- *At this point, you can cover and refrigerate the dough up to 24 hours if desired*
- Scoop onto the sheets (no more than 8 per sheet - they spread).
- Bake for 20 minutes, rotating pans halfway through.