Spicy Dried Fruit JamFrom jo_jo_ba 1 year ago
- 6 oz. dried figs, chopped shopping list
- 2 oz sultana raisins shopping list
- 3 cups strong-brewed black tea shopping list
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- ¼ tsp ground ginger shopping list
- ¼ tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 4 szechuan peppercorns shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon extract shopping list
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 5 tbsp Truvia Spoonable (or 1 cup minus 1 tbsp granulated sugar) shopping list
- 2 tsp calcium water (from Pomona’s) shopping list
- ¼ cup superfine sugar shopping list
- ½ tbsp Pomona’s pectin shopping list
How to make it
- Combine figs, raisins and tea in a bowl. Cover and let stand 24 hours.
- Add the soaked fruit (with any remaining liquid) to a saucepan with the lemon juice, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, peppercorns, extracts, brown sugar, Truvia and calcium water. Bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 20 minutes.
- Mix the superfine sugar and pectin in a small dish and add to the pot.
- Return to a boil and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Ladle into jars, seal and process in a waterbath for 10 minutes.