Easy Mole SauceFrom twill10 1 year ago
- Easy Mole Sauce shopping list
- by Vianney Rodriguez shopping list
- Makes 6 cups shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 4 dried ancho chiles shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 3 corn tortillas baked or fried. shopping list
- 2 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 7 tbsp peanut butter shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano shopping list
- 4 mexican chocolate discs (I prefer Ibarra’s) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- salt &pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a microwave safe bowl place chiles and cover with water. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Drain, remove stem and seeds. Set aside. Break tortillas into pieces and place in blender.
- In a large saucepan over medium high meat add 2 tbsp olive oil. Add onion and a pinch of salt.
- Cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook another 2 minutes, being careful not to burn garlic.
- In a blender with tortillas add onion, garlic, chiles, peanut butter, chicken stock, cumin and oregano.
- Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Return blended mix to large saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes on medium high.
- Reduce heat and add chocolate. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and store in fridge for up to 1 week. Mole can be frozen for up to 3 three months.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!