Chocolate And Jam Tea CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 2 tbsp ground chia seed (AKA Salba) shopping list
- ½ cup hot water shopping list
- ½ cup non-hydrogenated shortening (or coconut oil), softened shopping list
- ¼ cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp Truvia Spoonable shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup jam (any flavour - I used half peach-jam-with-chiles.html">Vanilla peach jam With Chiles and half pureed jam.html">Spicy dried fruit jam) Spicy Dried Fruit Jam">shopping list
- ¾ cup almond or coconut milk shopping list
- 1 ½ cups flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp mesquite flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp maca powder shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- ½ cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 tbsp miniature chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a loaf pan.
- Whisk together the chia seed and hot water, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening, sugar and Truvia.
- Beat in chia mixture and vanilla, then stir in jam and almond milk.
- Add flours, maca powder, baking powder, salt and cocoa, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and cacao nibs.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a rack and cool completely.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!