Mini Turkey MeatloavesFrom way2nrml 2 years ago
- 1 package lean ground turkey (I didn't go with the extra lean) aprox. 1.25 lbs shopping list
- 1 C. unseasoned breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground sage shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach shopping list
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced fine shopping list
- sauce: shopping list
- 1 8oz. can of tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- a couple splashed of worcestershire sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add about 1 Tbs. olive oil and the diced onion. Cook the onion until soft and transparent.
- Once the onion is cooked, add the spinach to the pan and cook until wilted.
- While the onions are cooking, combine the breadcrumbs, thyme, sage, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder and black pepper in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add onion and spinach to bowl and let cool for a minute until you can handle it.
- Add the turkey and the egg and mix gently with the other ingredients in the bowl until combined.
- Divide the mixture into fourths and form each quarter into a mound (not too thick) and place in the baking dish, trying to leave room around each loaf.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon over each of the loaves.
- Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted reads 165 degrees F.
The Cookway2nrml Raleigh, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!